Monday, June 03, 2019

May 2019 Performance

May ended with a big thump as President Trump threatened to impose tariffs on Mexican imports to the US if it cannot control the influx of people crossing the border. This obviously affected one of my larger holdings, Constellation Brands (Ticker: STZ). I do believe calmer heads will eventually prevail and the tariffs will not be enacted. This clearly creates more uncertainty in the market. How can you put money to work in this market when the administration can change the rules in an instant? Really frustrating for investors…

As the previous month, I have no arb / special situations plays right now. Just sitting tight with my long positions (same as previous months) and some cash.

I know, this is a real short post, but there’s really nothing more the add.

2019 Performance = +16.49% with the running monthly returns as follows:

January +7.4%
February +3.7%
March +5.06%
April +7.15%
May -7.90%


At June 05, 2019, Anonymous Anonymous said...

QURE: thoughts on the stock after they cancelled out of GS conf next week?

At June 05, 2019, Blogger Money Turtle said...

Lots of speculation in this one after ONCE, but I haven't followed closely. Smells like something is brewing based on the price action.

At June 07, 2019, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ONCE: they didn’t refile today, so can we assume the deal to close next week?

At June 07, 2019, Blogger Money Turtle said...

Waiting period officially expires at 11:59 pm New York time today. FTC will inform the company today if additional info is needed, which may result in a second request. If no response from the FTC today then deal is a go. Will know over the weekend or on Monday of the decision.


Post a Comment

<< Home