Wednesday, December 02, 2015

Dyax FTC Approval

I certainly was not expecting this news so soon… “Dyax Corp. (Ticker: DYAX) Announces Early Termination of Hart-Scott-Rodino Waiting Period.” I was baking in a second request and watch this drag out. I really like this little thank you from Dyax’s press release: “Dyax appreciates the FTC’s cooperation and its prompt review.” Anyways a nice early Christmas gift!


At December 03, 2015, Anonymous Anonymous said...


CVC seems interesting down here...

At December 03, 2015, Blogger Money Turtle said...

I haven't done any work on CVC. I'll take a good look at it.

At December 07, 2015, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So when it is expected to close?

can we speak of what is left in YELD and other rights and days to close.


At December 07, 2015, Blogger Money Turtle said...

I'm assuming your talking about Dyax... The only thing left in this play is getting the CVRs. The cash payout is $37.30 plus the CVR. If you have no interest in the CVRs then you should probably sell now. I'm modeling a close by the end of February.

At December 08, 2015, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes I meant DYAX

I just trade.. so doesn't matter the yeld if DYAX will move even a bit I can trade it.

Stock trade at 37.33 and they will pay 37.30 cash

the CVR for what I understand it's just something that if will happen will give you an extra 11%, so it's not a small thing.

Are there other regulatory risks? or what factors can mess up all?

So seen where is now DYAX I should think it's a deal safe and done now, if you think there will be around 2 months to close the deal or even a bit more, worth to pay interests and hold the stock to get the CVR.

You know is all about the risks....... so what risk do you see if I want to trade it and accumulate when lose some cents, if, to collect also the CVR?

to collect the CVR should I do some special instruction or it's like any other merger so I just tender the shares or I wait it get delisted and I just wait for this right? and in interactive brokers for exaple, how I will see in my account this CVR right? if will be positive and they will pay, I will just see the cash hitting my account or I should me something to alert the broker about that event?


At December 08, 2015, Blogger Money Turtle said...

The regulatory risk is gone so that was the reason for the recent wide spread. I really can't see anything that will disrupt this deal. If someone makes a play for Shire that can potentially throw a wrench in this deal, but I see that very unlikely. For a few cents you can potentially get $4.00 in a few years, I see that as a nice risk reward. When the deal closes, you will receive the cash consideration of $37.30 and the CVR will automatically be posted to your account. You don't need to alert your broker...


Post a Comment

<< Home